PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, DESIGN HARD GOODS
Position is responsible for handling the day to day business needs while maintaining good working relationships between company and licensors. Critical role in ensuring that the company standards are met for product development projects, while meeting the contractual obligations of each partner.
Main Job Duties:
- Act as liaison between all appropriate internal departments and licensors, as required.
- Document and maintain procedures and guidelines that will enhance the communication channels between internal teams.
- Responsible for coordinating and assuring proper approvals are obtained from licensors for all aspects of product (i.e., product concept, artwork, packaging, production samples, etc.).
- Identify when needs of licensor and/or company are at risk and work with management to resolve them in a timely manner so it does not affect the regular development cycle.
- Responsible for quality control inspection of samples prior to sending to licensors
- Responsible for sending out samples to all potential licensors as needed
- Work with Product Development Manager in assigning new design projects as needed
- Reports to Director of Licensing
- Needs to be very organized, detail-oriented and proficient with Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Position is responsible for handling the day to day business needs while maintaining good working relationships between company and licensors. Critical role in ensuring that the company standards are met for product development projects, while meeting the contractual obligations of each partner.
Main Job Duties:
- Extensive daily communication with overseas offices and factories from beginning of order to shipment to ensure timely development and delivery of product
- Track production and delivery status
- Track & follow up on fabric status, lab dips, care labels, trims, samples, test results etc.
- Develop and maintain work in progress (WIP) reports daily for status review of orders and other related responsibilities
- Managed all art work, strike offs, fabric quality, lab dips and trim approvals for production process from factory
- Resolve all production problems with: designers; sales; quality control; overseas merchandisers; and factories
- Approve all layouts and requirements for: price tickets; hang tags; main/care labels; UPC details; testing requirements; testing certificates; shipping carton markings; carton packing; and product packaging for compliance of customer with each factory
- Collaborate with sales team and design to address different issues including: pricing; order delivery; production samples; posting art work; and ordering price tickets
- Oversee testing reports with factory and China office to present to quality control and internal departments
- Updating Simparel on delivery, pricing, quantity, and special comments
- Entering Purchase orders into Simparel, print and scan to factories for sales confirmation, confirm with management
- Cost-pricing new development from sales and design
- Creating and maintaining a biweekly payment chart to submit to factory payment of shipped purchase orders.
- Submit all shipping documents after being checked for production
- Daily communication with COO and Owners
The Senior Designer manages the seasonal concept development process for Home and Accessories. Under the direction of the CEO, VP of Design and Design Director works to establish seasonal direction for color, print, and pattern that resonate with the brand aesthetic and current market trends.
Main Job Duties:
- Creates exclusive prints and artwork
- Develops new designs per season in the Home Category- Bedding, Soft Accessories, Home Décor and more
- Create print/pattern repeats and produces alternate color ways for developed prints
- Provides production ready artwork, in both print and electronic format
- Creates Trend Boards and Presentation boards of Designs
- Collaborates with Director on the visualization, presentation, and communication of pattern concepts through CAD artwork
- Create detailed Tech Packs for Production for all designs
- Actively researches current trends in color, textiles and styles (shops the market, attends outside trend presentations and exhibits, shows)
Additional Job Duties:
- Works with Design Director to review pattern color trend direction and interpret into artwork appropriate for brand
- Fully responsible for creating and maintaining library of seasonal color palettes
- Comments on strike offs for production
- Calibrates color palettes for all printers, etc.
- Use the Fabric Printer to create mock ups and samples
- Create all packaging and materials for Market Prep and Showroom Merchandising
Competencies General / Required Skills:
- Proficient in Photoshop/Illustrator; knowledge of NedGraphics a plus
- Expertise regarding print and textile designs, color matching and creating colorways
- Knowledge of Fabric Printing, Production Techniques, Spec details
Main Job Duties:
- Gather data on competitors of our bedding, pillows, lighting, rugs, window coverings, bath accessories, towels, slumber, decorative accessories, furniture, and toys, and other product lines, and analyze their products, sales data and method of marketing and distribution
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research with department stores (home design and decor sections) as needed to learn about customers’ needs and suggestions to provide sales dept and high level strategy directions
- Conduct online research to collect and analyze data on new customers’ demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting customer demands
- Communicate research result with vendors for better improvement.
- Create online presences for the company and its affiliated brands. * Plan and conduct programs to create and maintain a favorable image of business on our home deco products as well as prepare and disseminate information to the public with respect to the accomplishments and future expansion plans
- Master’s degree in Marketing and/or Business Administration.
- Foreign equivalent education is acceptable.
- At least one-year working experience in marketing analysis in home decor industry.