The Senior Designer manages the seasonal concept development process for Home and Accessories. Under the direction of the CEO, VP of Design and Design Director works to establish seasonal direction for color, print, and pattern that resonate with the brand aesthetic and current market trends.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates exclusive prints and artwork
- Develops new designs per season in the Home Category- Bedding, Soft Accessories, Home Décor and more
- Create print/pattern repeats and produces alternate color ways for developed prints
- Provides production ready artwork, in both print and electronic format,
- Creates Trend Boards and Presentation boards of Designs
- Collaborates with Director on the visualization, presentation, and communication of pattern concepts through CAD artwork
- Create detailed Tech Packs for Production for all designs
- Actively researches current trends in color, textiles and styles (shops the market, attends outside trend presentations and exhibits, shows)
- Works with Design Director to review pattern color trend direction and interpret into artwork appropriate for brand
- Fully responsible for creating and maintaining library of seasonal color palettes
- Comments on strike offs for production
- Calibrates color palettes for all printers, etc.
- Use the Fabric Printer to create mock ups and samples
- Create all packaging and materials for Market Prep and Showroom Merchandising
Competencies General/ Required Skills:
- Proficient in Photoshop/Illustrator; knowledge of NedGraphics a plus
- Expertise regarding print and textile designs, color matching and creating colorways
- Knowledge of Fabric Printing, Production Techniques, Spec details
For more information on this position or to apply for this position, please contact: Hagit Blank at 212-643-0680 extension 242.